In order to balance the needs of all our users with those of groups wishing to hold an organized event or special activity, the Montour Trail Council has adopted a policy to control the planning of group events. Events expected to include more than 25 participants must complete an application process as discussed below, unless included in a trail Friends Group annual plan. Those planning smaller group events are also encouraged to complete an application.
Informal events (small organized walks, runs, or rides) involving less than 25 participants are encouraged, and do not need to follow the approval process contained in this policy as long as all of the following are true:
- The organization sponsoring the event or special activity is not a for-profit entity.
- No fee or donation is charged to participate, contributions will not be solicited, and nothing will be sold.
- The event will be conducted in a manner not to disrupt the normal operation of the trail.
- No tables, tents, chairs, signs, or booths are set up on trail property, including the trailhead parking lots.
- The event does not include organized distribution of food or beverages
- The event causes no restrictions on trail or parking lot usage by other trail users who are not part of the event.
- Usage of trail property is in accordance with all trail rules, and the event is conducted in accordance with guidelines in this policy.
- No literature or promotional giveaways are handed out to trail users.
- All non-incidental trash generated from the event will be removed by the organization, and not placed in MTC receptacles.
For events that do not meet the criteria above for informal events, an application must be submitted at least eight weeks before the event date. Special events may not, in general, be for the benefit of a for-profit entity. Events may not require closure of any part of the trail, except under circumstances described in the policy. Organizers must accept the responsibilities and conditions described in the policy.
Note that the downloadable application form has input elements embedded so that the information can be entered from Adobe Acrobat, and submitted via email. You may also print the form and complete it on hard copy.
If you have any additional questions, contact email@example.com.