|A multi-use rail-trail in Allegheny and Washington Counties, Pennsylvania|
- April 1: REI Rails-to-Trails Summit «more info»
- April 23: National Tunnel Race and 2K Family Fun Walk «more info»
- See our Events Calendar.
- ..National Tunnel (MP25), Cecil Twp., is now open through strip seal doors. Walk your bike while entering the tunnel from either end. <map>
- ..The trail is now open from the Library Viaduct to Pleasant St (MP35.5 to 35.7) South Park Twp. <map>
- New Newsletter · 1/29/2017 · New MTC Newsletter, Jan-Feb 2017
The Montour Trail is a multi-use non-motorized recreational rail-trail near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and will ultimately extend 46 miles from Moon Township near Coraopolis to Clairton. The trail connects to the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP), a trail system that stretches over 330 miles from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. Currently, multiple sections of the trail totaling over 40 miles are completed, with a few gaps in the southern portion of the trail. (Bypass directions for these sections are provided here.) New sections are being added each year. More info