Trail users are expected to follow these rules, which will help to make everyone’s experience enjoyable:
- No gas-powered vehicles, in accordance with the MTC’s Mode of Transport Policy. The only exceptions are approved powered mobility devices and e-bikes, emergency and police vehicles, and Trail maintenance equipment.
- No horses, except in Cecil Township between Hendersonville (Morganza Road) and Venice (Rt. 980). Horses must stay off the improved limestone surface where possible and the rider must clean up after his/her mount. See details at the bottom of the page.
- Keep right, except to pass.
- Warn before passing.
- Stay on the Trail.
- Trail open daily, dawn to dusk.
- Camp only in designated areas.
- Leash your pet.
- No hunting.
- No outside signage (such as political banners, advertising ) permitted, according to MTC policy. This includes pamphlets in the Trail’s designated literature boxes.
Our Trail Safety and Etiquette suggestions explain how to make your outing on the Trail a pleasant experience for everyone.
Note that planned events must comply with the MTC’s Event Policy.
For Trail Users with Horses
- Ride at your own risk.
- Ride only on designated approved bridle trails.
- Horses are not permitted on the improved surface. Ride on the grassy shoulder wherever possible.
- Ride in single file and keep speed at a walk/trot only.
- Dismount and lead your horse over bridges and through tunnels.
- Curb your horse when possible. Clean up manure left on the path by pushing it to the side of the Trail.
- In case of emergency, call 911.