How to Contribute
There are many ways to support the Montour Trail and the group that oversees it, the Montour Trail Council:
- Join the Montour Trail Council as a member, renew your membership, or give a gift of membership to someone else
- Donate to the Trail
- online using a credit card or e-check
- via U.S. mail by check
- in honor or memorial of someone
- via United Way
- via the Pittsburgh Foundation’s Montour Trail Endowment Fund
- at Trail-side events scheduled throughout the year
- Volunteer to help with construction, maintenance, events, planning, or just plain lending a hand
- Participate in a local Friends group
- Become a member of the Trail Patrol
Be a “They”
It never fails. One of our volunteers will be working on the Trail, and someone walking by will stop to ask, “When are they going to finish the trail?”
When asked, “Who do you think they are?” the answer is almost always “the government,” and whether it’s federal, state or local is irrelevant. A project as big as the Montour Trail has to be a government job. Right?
Wrong! They are the volunteers — people like you — who volunteer their time to cut the grass, install the fences, deck the bridges, put up the signs, and do the dozens of other jobs (seen and unseen) that make the Montour Trail possible.
They are also the people who donate money and in-kind contributions to the cause. But whatever the contribution — time, money or both — the bottom line is: no they, no Montour Trail.
We need more theys to get this great project finished and to keep it open for future generations to use and enjoy. We need you to be a they.