The Montour Trail is always in need of support. Personal donations can be made the following ways:
- Designate the Montour Trail as your United Way Contributor Choice. Use option #3308.
- Join the Montour Trail Council as a member.
- Donate online using PayPal or a credit card. You can select any amount for your gift — you can even set it up as a monthly donation, to make it easier to stay on budget. If you give more than the basic membership level, you are automatically enrolled as a Montour Trail Council member.
- Send a check to the Montour Trail Council office. If you give more than the basic membership level, you are automatically enrolled as a Montour Trail Council member — so why not include an application with your donation? You can also find the form in the newsletter.
- Contribute to the Pittsburgh Foundation’s Endowment Fund with a one-time, recurring or beneficiary donation. (See below.)
The Council is registered as a charitable 501(c)(3) organization. Your donations will help build and maintain the Trail as a free resource that everyone can use. All membership fees and additional contributions are fully tax-deductible.
The MTC has an Endowment Fund to help with maintenance costs when the fund is mature. The highly regarded Pittsburgh Foundation administers the fund, and several local advisory groups direct the investments in a “pooled” account. As a supporting member, you can make annual gifts directly to the Trail or through support of the Endowment Fund.
When doing your financial or estate planning, consider a gift to the Trail, either directly or through The Pittsburgh Foundation. There are several ways to do this beyond the obvious ones of donating money or appreciated securities. Your gift might be to name the Montour Trail Council in your will or as a beneficiary in an existing life policy. You could also begin (with tax-deductible dollars) a new policy that names the MTC as owner/beneficiary. Yet another technique is a charitable gift annuity, offering you a lifetime of tax-sheltered income. Please check with your tax professional for advice specific to your situation.
If you would like to help ensure the continued maintenance of the Trail, please call The Pittsburgh Foundation at 412-394-2624 and mention your interest in supporting the Montour Trail. Or, if you prefer, you can contribute online.
Of course, gifts of any type to the endowment fund are tax-deductible. To donate to the endowment fund, make your check payable to The Pittsburgh Foundation, with a note of Montour Trail Endowment Fund in the memo section of the check (Montour Trail Fund if you don’t have enough room!). Send the check to:
Five PPG Place, Suite 250
Pittsburgh PA 15222