The Montour Trail is always in need of support. You can make personal donations in a number of ways:
- Designate the Montour Trail as your United Way Contributor Choice. Use option #3308.
- Join the Montour Trail Council as a member. These donations are put toward annual trail maintenance and operating expenses.
- Donate online using PayPal or a credit card. Read more...You can select any amount for your gift — you can even set it up as a monthly donation, to make it easier to stay on budget. If you donate at least $15, you are automatically enrolled for the year as a Montour Trail Council member (Student/Senior level). In such a case, if you want to regularly receive MTC information, include your contact information (address, email) or fill out membership form.
- Send a check via US mail to the Montour Trail Council office. Read more...Make your check payable to “Montour Trail Council.” If you donate at least $15, you are automatically enrolled for the year as a Montour Trail Council member (Student/Senior level). In such a case, if you want to regularly receive MTC information, include your contact information (address, email) or fill out a membership form.
- Make a donation in someone’s memory via credit card online or a check mailed to the office.
- Set up a significant donation via the Pittsburgh Foundation’s Endowment Fund with a one-time, recurring or beneficiary donation.
The MTC has an Endowment Fund to help with maintenance costs once the fund is mature. The highly regarded Pittsburgh Foundation administers the fund, and several local advisory groups direct the investments in a “pooled” account.
As an MTC member, you can make annual gifts directly to the Trail, or you can support the Endowment Fund. When doing your financial or estate planning, consider a gift to the Trail, either directly or through planned giving with The Pittsburgh Foundation. There are several ways to do this beyond the obvious ones of donating money or appreciated securities. Your gift might be to name the Montour Trail Council in your will or as a beneficiary in an existing life policy. You could also begin (with tax-deductible dollars) a new policy that names the MTC as owner/beneficiary. Yet another technique is a charitable gift annuity, offering you a lifetime of tax-sheltered income.Check with your tax professional for advice specific to your situation.
If you would like to help ensure the continued maintenance of the Trail, call The Pittsburgh Foundation at 412-394-2624 and mention your interest in supporting the Montour Trail. Or, if you prefer, you can contribute online. Of course, gifts of any type to the endowment fund are tax-deductible. To donate to the endowment fund, make your check payable to The Pittsburgh Foundation, with a note of Montour Trail Endowment Fund in the memo section of the check (Montour Trail Fund if you don’t have enough room!). Send the check to:
The Pittsburgh Foundation
Five PPG Place, Suite 250
Pittsburgh PA 15222
Phone: (412) 394-2624
The Council is registered as a charitable 501(c)(3) organization. Your donations will help build and maintain the Trail as a free resource that everyone can use. All membership fees and additional contributions are fully tax-deductible.